I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is a leading Kenyan NGO registered in 2004. ICL works using the Quadra Helix Model of partnering with the Government of Kenya, through the Ministries of Health, Education, Agriculture, Youth Affairs and Vision 2030 among others, Corporates, Universities and Civil Society Organizations, to design interventions to solve problems in different communities.
ICL has programs around four pillars namely Jiimarishe (Health), Jiinue (Economic Empowerment), Jielimishe (Education), Jiongoze (leadership and Governance). The programs are anchored in over 234 learning institutions (Primary, Secondary and tertiary institutions) across 23 Counties in Kenya that reach over 1 Million youth annually.
ICL’s vision is to see a ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!’ The organization seeks to support to the implementation of Vision 2030 through the cascading it to the Counties. ICL’s mission is to create a movement of individuals that enhance the quality of life for communities through health initiatives, economic empowerment, academic & career mentoring and improved leadership & governance.
To provide technical support in project design, development and implementation of appropriate M&E plans, based on logical frameworks; develop appropriate tools and systems; provide critical analysis and technical input to project evaluation processes, reporting, research.
Duties for the Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Manager Job
Research, Design and Publications
- Conduct or commission research in organizational project areas and present their findings to management and external stakeholders
- Utilize the research conducted in the design of new projects to influence policy
- Lead the organization in the preparation of research abstracts and publication of organizational research findings
- Develop and implement a research agenda in line with the strategic focus of the organization
Project Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of organizational M&E strategy and project’s M&E plans
- Oversee the development of monitoring and evaluation tools (including project PMPs, indicator reference sheets, among others) and orienting project staff on their proper use
- Participate in project planning process including Project, Resource, Financial, Quality, Risk and Reporting plans
- Oversee implementation of the organizational M& E plan including but not limited to carrying out periodic monitoring of progress against project PMP targets
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to regional and county M&E teams to enable the transformation of programmatic data into strategic information for monitoring progress against county strategic plans, evidence based decision making and quality improvement.
Partnership Development for Resource Mobilization
- Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff including development of LFA’s, theory of change,
- Design, implement and evaluate projects with a focus on sustainability and impact
- provide leadership in the development of data collection tools, protocols and standard operating procedures
- Oversee project evaluations including data collection, analysis and reporting per project M&E Plan.
- Aggregate, analyse and present program data to project staff, partners and donors
- Facilitate interpretation of M& E findings for project planning, decision making, course correction and communication of successes.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Mathematics or Statistics
- Experience and training in project management will be an added advantage
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Public Health, a Social Science, or equivalent
- Training in Research with track proven capacity for research, policy influence and publication
- Demonstrated capacity to design and mobilize resources for programs using data from research
- At least 5years’ relevant experience with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory or management position.
- Experience in working in DfID and USAID funded projects. Also, experience in working with EU, SIDA and UN funded projects is desirable
- Ability to work with a team, foster a team approach and incorporate capacity building activities into the program
- Ability to analyze and utilize program development gaps for designing Programs
- Competence in qualitative and quantitative study design and implementation as demonstrated in the samples of previous work
- Experience using data analysis packages
- Excellent communication, organizing, analytical and report writing skills.
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to forge partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent report writing skills
- A keen eye for details,
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A good leader with proper people management skills
- Excellent command of computers and statistical software, especially experience with MS Access and SPSS or STATA. Ability to manipulate large data sets.
How to Apply
Apply now at http://www.teamiq.com/ICL/2710
Applications should be complete and submitted before the close of business on 21 July 2017.