International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over 100 countries and has implemented over one hundred and fifty projects.
IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including education, health, economic growth and democracy & governance.
IBTCI is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for an on-going five years (2013-2018) Evaluation Services and Program Support (ESPS) project focused on Health Programs in East Africa.
This project supports USAID/Kenya & East Africa’s Office of Health, Population and Nutrition with program-related services, such as program monitoring and evaluation, data quality assessments, logistics for events, meeting facilitation and other support needs.
The project is based in Nairobi with anticipated work throughout the East Africa region.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for undertaking ESPS M&E activities under the supervision of the Sr. M&E Advisor.
The M&E Specialist MUST have following qualifications and skills:
• A master’s degree in economics, development studies, statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, population health, demography or other relevant field is required;
• At least seven yrs. experience in the design & management of evaluations both performance and impact including development of methodology;
• Proven success in the development/update of Performance Management Plans/Monitoring and Evaluation Plans;
• Experience in establishment of baselines and time-bound targets, assessment of risks and data quality challenges, and/or performance monitoring and reporting.
• Creation and management of performance tracking systems;
• Technical expertise in evaluation design, including experimental and quasiexperimental methods;
• Experience in designing surveys, questionnaires, planning and supervision of field activities;
• Experience in designing longitudinal studies and related data analysis;
• In-depth knowledge of data analytical methods, including: frequency analysis, vectoring, triangulation and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative findings;
• Knowledge of qualitative data analysis desired;
• Professional use of MS Office applications, writing and communication skills;
• Excellent spoken and written English;
• A working knowledge of health and development issues affecting Kenyan, Eastern and/or sub-Saharan African populations and understanding of the impediments to health within the African context.
How to Apply
Kindly send us a most recent, updated CV and cover letter stating expected remuneration to [email protected] by October 23, 2015, subject line: East Africa-M&E Specialist.
No phone calls please, only finalists will be contacted.
Kenyan nationals only.