ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Kenyan Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following positions:
Position: Accounts Assistant
Location: Country Office Nairobi
Overall Job Function: Working under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Accounts Assistant will assist in the day- to- day accounting and financial activities and offer support to implementation of the organization’s accounting policies and procedures, posting of data into QuickBooks and preparation of all payments.
- Maintain and control Petty cash.
- Validate invoices, code all expenses, prepare payments for suppliers and calculate any tax due to the Government.
- Ensure proper filing of all financial reports and support documentation for all cash and disbursements is well done.
- Assist in posting QuickBooks transactions
- Facilitating all audits
- Review the cheque register to ensure that cheques are dispatched to suppliers.
- Track and record supply of materials procured for sites.
- Basic degree in relevant field
- At least CPA II
- Proficiency in the use of accounting software
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office especially excel
- 2 years’ experience in similar position
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to the HR and Administration Manager, ICAP [email protected] on or before 2nd October 2015.
Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer