ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Kenya to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position:
Position: Data Manager
Overall Function: Under the overall supervision of the Director of Monitoring, and the immediate supervision of the Senior M&E Officer – Nyanza Operations, the Data Manager will be responsible for the capture of all ICAP data at JOOTRH facility, on-going analysis of aggregate and patient level data, and the timely reporting of data to ICAP and funding agencies.
- Manage data files from routine patient-level and aggregate databases that includes; OpenMRS, KePMS, DHIS and the ICAP Aggregate Database
- Ensure timely data collection, collation and reporting of program data on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or annual data reports to ICAP and funding agencies
- Support the implementation of the patient level medical records database system at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching & Referral Hospital ( JOOTRH)
- Perform Data Cleaning and verify the accuracy of the data before reporting
- To produce weekly, monthly and quarterly data summaries that will help track and inform program performance
- Assist in the preparation of facility data summary presentations
- Assist in the mentoring of JOOTRH facility staff in the proper use of routine MoH and ICAP paper based tools
- Master degree or equivalent in Statistics, Computer studies, epidemiology
- At least 2 years relevant experience and expert skills in SPSS (or other statistical software) and MS Excel
- Expert skill level in the use of KePMS, MoH DHIS aggregate databases as well as OpenMRS patient level medical records database
- Experience in working with MoH systems, mentoring on MoH tools and in generating HIV-related reports will be an added advantage
- Strong Data management and analysis skills
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 referees (one who should be at least your current/previous supervisor) should be sent to the
HR and Administration Manager, ICAP
before 23rd September 2015.