ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health in Kenya to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services in County and Sub County health facilities.
The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF-UK) and the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) have launched an ambitious initiative called ‘Accelerated Children’s HIV/AIDS Treatment ( ACT)’ which aims to double the total number of children on antiretroviral therapy (ART) to 300,000 across ten priority African countries.
Applications are invited for the following position:
Position: Assistant Data Manager
Location: Kisumu with travel to ICAP sites in the Nyanza region
Overall Job Function: Under the overall supervision of the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and the direct supervision of the Data Manager, the Assistant Data Manager will be responsible for the capture of all ICAP data, on-going analysis of aggregate and patient level data, and the timely reporting of data to all funding agencies and stakeholders.
- Assist in the timely compilation, aggregation and generation of weekly, monthly and quarterly data reports to donors, ICAP program and MoH
- Perform data quality audits, coordinate data cleaning through M&E field teams and verify data accuracy of the data before submission of all data reports
- Assist in entry of data the ICAP Aggregate database (IRIS), and PEPFAR database (DATIM) and confirming data concurrence with the MoH aggregate database (DHIS2)
- Assist in the preparation of data summary slides for presentations to donors, MoH and facilities
- Support the implementation of all electronic medical records systems in region (C-PAD, KenyaEMR, IQ Care).
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in statistics, computer/IT studies, epidemiology or mathematics
- At least 2 years relevant experience in a PEPFAR funded program.
- Experience in working with MOH systems and HIV-related reports will be an added advantage
- Advance skills in MS Access/Excel application use.
- Knowledge on use of statistical analysis software (SPSS/SAS/STATA) is an advantage.
- Expert skill level in the use of health aggregate databases (MoH DHIS2 & DATIM)
- Strong Data management and analysis skills.
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to the
Director- Human Resources,
on or before 8th July 2016. Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer