ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health to implement the Kenya Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (KENPHIA) Survey and provide technical assistance HIV prevention and treatment services. KENPHIA is a joint Program between the Government of Kenya and the US Government initiative against HIV, which receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Applications are invited from Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the KENPHIA Project Director, the KENPHIA Administrator will be responsible for facilitating, coordinating and overseeing smooth running of the KENPHIA administrative functions.
Administrator Job Responsibilities
Specifically, the Administrator will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the KENPHIA calendar of activities and ensure effective coordination of KENPHIA-related office, field and conference calls, meeting schedules, events and necessary budgets for the technical and administrative project staff
- Coordinating the travel, accommodation and transport arrangements and allowances for all KENPHIA monitoring and technical support teams in liaison with the procurement, vehicle fleet and finance teams
- Working in liaison with the Procurement Unit to ensure constant KENPHIA office supplies by timely review of requisitions (LPO’s/LSO’s) and ensure
- Managing office supplies stock and place orders for KENPHIA
- Coordinating monthly time and effort reporting for all KENPHIA Field and office staff in liaison with the HR department
- Coordinating the recruitment of reserve survey personnel to replace individuals on prolonged leave from field work activities
- Preparing and maintaining field team duty roster together with National Survey coordinator to ensure that each field staff go on leave or off as per plan and
- Ensuring that all KENPHIA field teams are issued with Airtime and per diems in a timely manner in liaison with Finance and IT teams
- Organize and maintain a filing system for important and confidential KENPHIA documents
- Any other relevant duties as you may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for the Administrator Job
- Diploma in Administration or related field. A degree in relevant administrative field will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in similar or equivalent position reputable organization(s)
- Good inter-personal skills are key
- Considerable knowledge of personnel, budgeting and accounting especially as they relate to efficient supervision and administration.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques employed in effective office administration and management.
- Proven work experience as an Administrator or similar role
- Proficiency in the use of MS (MS Excel and MS Word)
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision in order to meet strict deadlines
How to Apply
All applications to be addressed to the Director-Human Resources, ICAP Register your application at www.kenphia.co.ke by
- Completing your online application form
- Upload your cover letter
- Upload your current CV
[NB: CV should be not more than three (3) pages and should have names of three (3) professional references with their cell phone numbers and email addresses. At least one should be either your current or former supervisor. Do not attach copies of academic and professional certificates]. All applications should be received on or before May 18, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. NB: More details on the KENPHIA Project may be found at: http://icap.columbia.edu/news-events/detail/icap-to-lead-large-population-based-hiv-surveys-in-20-african-countries ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer icap.columbia.edu