ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Kenyan Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following positions:
Position: PMTCT Program Officers (6)
Location: Machakos and Kisumu
Overall Job function: Reporting to the Regional PMTCT Advisor, the PMTC Program Officer will be responsible for providing mentorship, technical support and supervision in the Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (EMTCT) services offered at ICAP- supported facilities.
- Ensure mothers attending ANC services are offered HIV testing services
- Ensure that HIV-infected Pregnant mothers and lactating mothers are on Antiretroviral drugs medication
- Ensure access to prophylaxis for HIV exposed infants
- Ensure support systems are in place for retention of Mother Baby pair
- Ensure follow up of HIV exposed infants through to 18 months
- Ensure linkage of all HIV- exposed Infants (HEI) who seroconvert
- Ensure tracing of HEI lost to follow up and tracking progress over time in both 9 and 18 month HEI cohort
- Participate in quality assurance/quality improvement of HIV programs relating to PMTCT services.
- Assist in program monitoring and evaluation of activities relating to pediatrics
- Prepare budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers relating to pediatrics
- Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- More than 3 years’ experience in the implementation of PMTCT/Programmatic activities
- Experience in training and mentorship of health care workers on PMTCT
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to the HR and Administration Manager, ICAP [email protected] on or before 2nd October 2015.
Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer