ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Kenya to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer
Location: Kisumu with travel to ICAP sites in Nyanza
Overall Job Function: The Senior Program Officer is a member of the senior regional management team and oversees field programmatic activities and site support for efficient delivery of quality services.
Based in Kisumu, the position reports to the Regional Director, ICAP Nyanza and works in close collaboration with the Director of Programs.
- To oversee the planning, initiation and implementation of HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at ICAP-supported facilities in the region
- To provide technical support for the planning and implementation of TB/HIV activities at ICAP supported facilities
- To provide technical support for the planning and implementation of provider-initiated counseling and testing activities at ICAP-supported facilities
- To provide on-going supervision of ICAP-supported HIV care and treatment programs
- To participate in training and mentorship of site facility staff
- To participate in designing programs to assist in monitoring and evaluation and ensuring quality assurance of HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs
- To liaise with Ministry of Health officials and other stakeholders in coordinating implementation of the program
- To prepare budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers
- Degree in Medicine
- MPH, or an advanced relevant degree an added advantage
- 5 years of experience managing donor-funded health and/or HIV programs in the public sector
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 referees (one who should be at least your current/previous supervisor) should be sent to the HR and Administration Manager, ICAP firstname.lastname@example.org before 18th September 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer