The Industrial & Commercial Development Corporation (ICDC) is a State Corporation established in 1954 to promote the economic development of Kenya through supporting the establishment and growth of industrial and commercial enterprises.
The Corporation has ambitious plans to become a high-performance public entity that will contribute meaningfully to the economic development of Kenya.
As part of our strategic realignment we believe that attracting and retaining the right people is essential to the realization of our corporate goals.
ICDC therefore invites applications from qualified professionals for the following positions:-
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Role Purpose: Reviewing and evaluating internal controls and operations in order to provide assurance on their efficiency in safeguarding assets, meeting corporation’s objectives and ensuring reliability of financial reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collecting and accurately analyzing data and preparing quality audit reports.
- Conducting follow-up audits and monitor management interventions.
- Undertaking a detailed examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of financial and operational controls.
- Undertaking audit procedures to ascertain the correctness and validity of financial and operational information in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Carrying out audit procedures to ascertain efficient and effective utilization of the corporation’s assets in pursuit of corporate objectives
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the corporation’s risk management framework.
- Reviewing ICT existing processes to help ensure they consider the threats posed in the corporation and carrying out a topdown risk assessment around the cyber-security processes
- Assessing third party service and technology providers to confirm the extent to which current risks have been mitigated.
- Participating in internal audit scope and development of annual plans
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field from a recognized University.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- CISA – (Certified Information System Auditor)
- At least five (5) years’ relevant experience three (3) of which must be in a similar position.
- Good interpersonal, and communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit an application letter which indicates current remuneration and day time telephone contacts accompanied with a detailed CV and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to:
HR & Adm. Manager P. O. Box 45519 – 00100 Nairobi
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
ICDC is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing patterns. Women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications should be received on or before 25th September, 2015