The Industrial & Commercial Development Corporation (ICDC) is Kenya’s premier Development Finance Institution established 61 years ago to promote the nation’s economic development through the creation, growth and establishment of industrial and commercial enterprises.
ICDC aspires to be a high-performance public entity contributing meaningfully to the economic development of Kenya. Hence, attracting and retaining the right people is essential to the realization of our aspirations.
If you are a qualified professional who aspires to make a meaningful contribution to the growth of Kenya’s economy and have the required skills and competencies, we invite you to apply for the following position:-
Investment Officer / Analyst
Role Purpose: To identify and evaluate Investment proposals for ICDC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop a deal pipeline for the Corporation in the chosen sectors of focus for investment purposes
- To vet and appraise investment proposals for funding.
- To assess and report all risks or problems relating to projects under appraisal.
- Promote sound risk management and ethical standards.
- To ensure continuous improvement of the quality and value of services provided to ICDC’s customers.
- Ensure that investments are made within stipulated Policy guidelines and established approval levels.
- To closely monitor projects implementation to successful completion and provide project update reports periodically.
- Prepare periodic portfolio analysis reports to management and the Board as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field from a recognized University
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) or ACCA (UK) qualifications will be an added advantage.
- At least four (4) years’ relevant experience, of which two (2) should be in a similar position in a financial institution.
- Excellent financial modeling and report writing skills.
- Excellent business acumen
- Good interpersonal, and communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How to Apply
- Kindly submit your application letter indicating current remuneration and daytime telephone contacts together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to:
- HR & Adm. Manager ICDC 17th Floor Uchumi House, Agakhan Walk P. O. Box 45519 – 00100 Nairobi
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Those who had applied for the position of Appraisal Officer/Analysts need not reapply.
- ICDC is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing. Women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- All applications should be received on or before close of business 24th March 2016.