The Industrial & Commercial Development Corporation (ICDC) is a State Corporation established in 1954 to promote the economic development of Kenya through supporting the establishment and growth of industrial and commercial enterprises.
The Corporation has ambitious plans to become a high-performance public entity that will contribute meaningfully to the economic development of Kenya.
As part of our strategic realignment we believe that attracting and retaining the right people is essential to the realization of our corporate goals.
ICDC therefore invites applications from qualified professionals for the following position:-
Job Title: Principal Treasury Accountant
Role Purpose: To manage the Corporation’s liquidity, co-ordinate raising of funds from the market and ensuring that all controls around cash are effective.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop strategies for raising capital to finance various investment projects.
- Manage all borrowings.
- Ensure the maintenance of a proper record of all fixed deposits and other investments in the money market.
- Ensuring that all standing orders and direct credits/debits in the bank statements are accounted for in the books.
- Checking the daily cash summaries and ensuring that all receipts are properly captured and banked.
- Managing the office cash float.
- Check the bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and semi- annual cash flow projections.
- Ensuring the proper maintenance of tenants’ accounts and issuing the monthly rental demand notes.
- Ensuring that staff loan accounts are properly maintained.
- Ensuring that all information necessary for the production of various sub system reports is received and processed on timely basis.
- Processing the payroll
- Ensuring that the monthly PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, VAT, Withholding Tax and all other statutory returns are filled on time.
- Ensuring that the annual Corporation Tax, PAYE, VAT and other statutory returns are filled by the due dates.
- University graduate with Bachelor of Commerce degree accounting option or equivalent.
- Certified Public Accountant
- At least seven (7) years’ working experience of which four (4) should have been in a similar position.
- Good interpersonal, and communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit an application letter which indicates current remuneration and day time telephone contacts accompanied with a detailed CV and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to:
HR & Adm. Manager P. O. Box 45519 – 00100 Nairobi
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
ICDC is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing patterns. Women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications should be received on or before 25th September, 2015