Job Vacancy: Administrative Assistant
Job Ref: ICPAK 006/2016
Duty Station: Mombasa, Coast Branch OfficeThis position is graded at ICPAK Grade 8 (Officer 3)
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008.
Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development.
In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Branch Coordinator based at the Head Quarters – Office of the Chief Executive Officer, the Administrative Assistant shall be based at the Coast Branch – Mombasa and shall oversee the functions and implementation of Coast Branch Annual Work Plan.
Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities shall include those listed below; other incidental duties may be allocated from time to time.
- Performs administrative and general office management.
- Prepare and Implement Branch Annual Work Plan
- Prepare and participate in Branch CPD Events
- Participate in annual ICPAK CPD events that will be held at the Coast.
- Maintain an up to date Branch Members Register
- Plan Branch Executive Committee meetings
- Prepare and submit to ICPAK Head Office quarterly status report on the affairs of the Branch.
- Coordinate communication between the Branch and Institute through the Branch Coordinator.
- Provides information by responding to queries brought to the Branch.
- Compile, sort and maintain an up to date file records of office activities, inventory, imprest account, business transactions and the data base systems.
- Receive payments for membership, and seminars and provide proper accounting and banking for all payments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects; expediting work results.
- Participate in activities of the Institute in collaboration with the County governments at the Coast Region in liaison with the Branch Coordinator
- Participate in member recruitment drives in liaison with Branch Coordinator and the Customer Service and Marketing department
- Any other duties that may be allocated from time to time Person Profile:
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Possess a Bachelor’s of Commerce degree or any other business related degree from a recognized university
- Relevant post graduate qualification, i.e. a diploma or certification course
- CPA qualification and membership to a professional body will be an added advantage
- Minimum one (1) year of relevant working experience in Customer Relations or events management.
- Must be able to demonstrate good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Must be computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Should be a self starter and go getter
- The ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints with minimum supervision
- Drive for results and achievement
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV in MS word or pdf format clearly indicating the position applied for to the following: [email protected]
- Applications should be received on or before close of business on Friday 1st April, 2016.