Job Ref: ICPAK 004/2016
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008.
Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development.
In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
- The Research and Business Development Manager shall lead a team to build and expand the ICPAK’s clientele base in the areas of Training and development, Research and Consultancy not limited to ICPAK Members, but expand the niche to other potential clients.
- The Research and Business Development Manager shall report to the Chief Executive Officer and shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Research & Business Development Job Duties and Responsibilities in Kenya
Business Growth in Consultancy, Training & Development and Research:
- Drive ICPAK’s overall business growth pipeline in Kenya and beyond
- Ensure ICPAK meets and exceeds its business growth targets by tracking progress and recommending areas and actions for improvement.
- Identify and generate leads through networking, events, and business associations.
- Establish new business channels on behalf of ICPAK
- Identify, screen, evaluate and actualize potential business opportunities
- Develop and implement business development plans and reporting systems
- Conduct market research and propose viable business development ventures and strategies
- Develop and actively participate in offering excellent client service
- Promote professional image at all times and instill the same to entire business development team
- To source sponsorship for ICPAK events and activities.
- To source in house training opportunities and work with Training and Development department to deliver the training programmes
- To source Consultancy and Research business opportunities for the Institute
- Manage client relationships
- Undertake business development campaigns and marketing workshops to reach out to client constituents and potential clients
- Manage client contract renewals and pricing
- Work with relevant Line Managers to ensure smooth delivery of professional services, including scheduling and resource allocation.
- Ensure strong post-service evaluation and support.
- Work with marketing team to develop case studies and testimonials
- Communicate new products development to potential clients
- Maintain records and business details of existing and potential clients
Leadership & Strategy:
- Represent ICPAK at a high level with key clients and stakeholders
- Lead the crafting of business development strategies for new products
- Provide lead on business development strategies for entry into new markets
- Through coaching, develop skills of business development executives
- Develop a departmental budget covering business development initiatives
Qualifications and experience for Research & Business Development Jobs in Kenya
- Academic Qualifications: Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in business related area
- Professional qualifications: Diploma in Marketing or any other relevant post graduate qualifications
- Relevant post graduate degree is an added advantage
- 8 years working experience and exposure in Sales and Marketing, Business Development, client service and training
- Experience in leading and managing business development teams
- Membership to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage
- Must be able to demonstrate good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Must be computer literate
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written skills
- The ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints
- Drive for results and achievement
- Ability to execute multiple business development and marketing campaigns
- Track record of strong performance and ability to work under pressure
- Highly motivated, energetic, go getter and a self starter
- Experience in handling customer/client relationships
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills, and an ability to persuade buyers
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV in MS word or pdf format clearly indicating the position applied for, current and expected salary to the following: [email protected] Applications should be received on or before close of business on Friday 11th March, 2016.