Job Vacancy: Member Services Officer
Job Ref: ICPAK 007/2016
Duty Station: Mombasa, Coast Branch Office
This position is graded at ICPAK Grade 7 (Officer 2)
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008.
Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development.
In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Job Summary: The Member Services Officer main role shall be to coordinate member services in order to enhance delivery of the Institute’s flagship events and products.Job Profile: Reporting to Senior Manager, Training and Development the Member Services Officer shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate facilitative activities for effective delivery of the Institute’s flagship events in consultation with relevant head office departments.
- Coordinate the logistics for successful CPD events which include; venues, sourcing for speakers, transport, conference materials and implementing internal controls around CPD events among others.
- Assist in developing the branch CPD Calendar in consultation with the branch leadership and in liaison with the head office for effective delivery of the programmes.
- Market the CPD events within the Branch regions to members and key stakeholders.
- To liaise with the Customer Service and Marketing Manager through the Senior Manager Training and Development in the implementation of customer service and marketing plans for the Institute’s events
- Identify and pursue business development opportunities for the Institute and its members and in liaison with the head office
- To receive, compile and relay to the head office feedback on member services and specifically Training and Development matters
- Prepare reports on events KPIs after every event
- Any other duties that may be allocated from time to time
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Possess a Bachelor’s of Commerce degree or any other business related degree from a recognized university
- Relevant post graduate qualification, i.e. a diploma or certification course
- CPA qualification and membership to a professional body will be an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years working relevant experience in Customer Relations or events management.
- Must be able to demonstrate good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Must be computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Should be a self starter and go getter
- The ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints with minimum supervision
- Drive for results and achievement
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV in MS word or pdf format clearly indicating the position applied for to the following: [email protected]
- Applications should be received on or before close of business on Friday 1st April, 2016.