Assistant Accountant Jobs At ICRAF In Kenya
Assistant Accountant – Staff accounts and Payroll
Department Financial Services Unit (FSU)
Posting title Assistant Accountant – Staff accounts and Payroll
Designation Assistant Accountant
- The main objective of the position is to ensure timely staff and non-staff remuneration so as to maintain relationships of ICRAF and its employees and other partners.
- The to ensure prompt debt collection from all who owe ICRAF, so as to maintain liquidity levels, thru corporate allocation and posting duties to ensure that costs are correctly charged and that information required for budgetary and reporting services is available on a timely basis so as to meet donor obligations, to ensure ICRAF meets its statutory obligations to maintain its reputation and avoid costly penalties, and with departing staff to ensure complete clearance.
Assistant Accountant Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Adhere to internal control systems that will ensure that the Centre attains its objectives, produce accurate and reliable data for decision making, ensure compliance to policies and laws of host countries and safeguard the Centre assets
- Evaluate and communicate internal control deficiencies in a timely manner to supervisor
- Expenditure review and monitoring – Verification of transactions to ensure correctness of coding, documentation and authorization before the transactions are posted
- Payroll management – processing of payroll journals, charge backs, settlement of payroll creditors, Reconciliation of payroll control accounts, submission of tax returns, compile and remit pension contributions to the pension fund.
- Staff Benefit schemes; Manage medical schemes for ICRAF staff and hosted institutions, payments and reconciliation of the same, liaise with HR and the provider for timely submission of debit and credit notes etc. Also manage GLA and GPA insurance, payments and reconciliation of the same, ensure our accounts are kept up to date and that chargebacks are promptly done within the period costs are incurred.
Severance dues; Payment of severance dues for staff, ensure all amounts due to staff have been paid and any debt due to ICRAF has been recovered, transfer accrued amounts to personal accounts and return to ICRAF any excess accruals etc. Ensure ICRAF is absolved of future monetary obligations to ex-staff.
- Management of Staff Receivables & Payables: Manage staff accounts for all categories in ICRAF, ensure travel and workshop advances are accounted for in time, send reminders to staff to liquidate advances, process refunds and recover amounts due organization. Process IRS payments
- Assist in Corporate allocation
Qualifications For Assistant Accountant Jobs In Kenya
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- First degree plus post graduate professional qualifications
- Up to 3 years of experience
Skills and Competencies
- Accuracy in verification of documentations
- Communication and user trainings guidelines to staff on credit card usage
- Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures
- Proficiency in database applications and MS office suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural team
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Strong self-starter with initiative to identify opportunities and take appropriate action.
- Work experience At least 3 years
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply