Project Manager Job At ICRAF In KenyaÂ
Title : Project Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Location : Nairobi
Country : Kenya
Project Manager JobÂ Responsibilities
- Prepare project technical reports in consultation with the Project Leader and team members, and report timely to the Project Leader.
- Provide strong support to the Project Leader in developing annual work plans and monitoring their execution against the project baseline, including activities, deliverables, schedule, and associated costs, and ensure that the project work plan is regularly updated in CIMMYTâ€™s Research Management System.
- Ensure effective deployment of staff and other resources, including staff time allocation to the project.
- Manage partnersâ€™/stakeholdersâ€™ expectations, and conduct quality assurance of project deliverables, including monitoring of the project variables (cost, effort, scope, etc.) against the project management plan and the project performance baseline.
- Monitor and report on utilization of budget and commitments accurately and in a timely manner to facilitate informed decision making, including appropriate project budget upload and revision, based on work-plan; extracting project budget on a monthly basis, reviewing transactions, and providing feedback to Project Leader; and ensuring that all financial transactions undergo proper institutional approval process and are satisfactorily executed, and reviewing project financial reports to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare necessary documentation and execute project subcontracts and consultancies, ensuring full compliance with established policies and processes, monitor their implementation, and ensure smooth closure of contracts.
- Assist the Project Leader with organizing Project workshops and ensure responsible parties follow through on the decisions related to project.
- Oversee the procurement and management of project assets, inventory and other resources, in alignment with CIMMYTâ€™s policy and process.
- Manage change control in the project: Influence the factors that could circumvent integrated change control so that only approved changes are implemented.
- Assist the Project Leader in knowledge capture, documenting the lessons learned, and in disseminating relevant information to the project management team.
- Ensure systematic monitoring of contributions by project team members to facilitate performance management and appraisals.
- Ensure institutional integration of the project under the oversight of the Program Director and Knowledge Manager (and others as necessary).
Qualifications ForÂ Project Manager JobsÂ
- Minimum Mastersâ€™ Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, OR in a relevant scientific field
- Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE2 or similar certification
- Strong experience in management of multi-institutional and multi-disciplinary projects
- Project Management experience and experience in the management of R&D projects, preferably in agriculture.
- Minimum 5 year experience in a similar position within an international or reputable national organization, preferably in an international organization
- Ensure that the STMA project achieves its targets and deliverables on time, within budget, and in scope.
Â Â Â How to Apply
Â Â Â Click HERE to apply