The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Somalia Delegation in Nairobi implements the institution’s humanitarian activities in Somalia.
Administrative Officer (RMU) – Nairobi
The Administrative Officer (Risk Management Unit) provides substantial administrative support to the running of the Risk Management Unit and facilitates the flow of information between the Risk Management Unit and the other departments.
S/He will increasingly perform basic monitoring assignments in the field to contribute to the strengthening of programs’ compliance with the institution’s policies and plans.
The Administrative Officer (RMU) will be based in Nairobi and will perform duties including – but not limited to – the following:
- Performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties in support of the RMU department and strictly ensures that the necessary administrative work is implemented within established timelines;
- Performs various office works which require good computer knowledge (e.g. typing of standard correspondence, filing, mail preparation and distribution, photocopies, updating of lists);
- Maintains accurate and complete physical and electronic departmental files;
- Makes written reporting on the activities and assignments; and
- Implements and follows-up an assignment (within the department) independently;
- Supports the line manager in day-to-day tasks and regularly communicates on progress of work;
- Keeps the agenda of line manager up to date;
- Opens, sorts and distributes incoming correspondence;
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments and travel arrangements;
- Takes minutes of departmental meetings and circulates these;
- Maintains office supplies for department;
- Ensures information flow for RMU issues within his/her area of responsibility;
- Translates simple documents for informal use;
- Knows, applies and complies with all the administrative procedures linked to her/his work;
- Develops and maintains a pleasant working relationship with colleagues and superiors;
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field,
- Minimum of 2 years´ work experience in similar field of activity,
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills with very good knowledge of spoken and written English & Somali,
- Computer literate with very good knowledge of the Windows OS, particularly Word, Excel and Power Point,
- Detail-oriented, methodical, highly organised in their work, and practices strict adherence to timelines,
- Good report writing skills,
- Possessing a strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information,
- Good knowledge of the political, social and cultural context of the assigned environment,
- Flexible and motivated self-starter personality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application to the
Head of Human Resources Department,
ICRC Somalia Delegation,
on the email address [email protected]
Closing date is 9th June 2016.
Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Note that only emailed applications will be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.