The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. The IRC has worked for over seven decades and today is involved in over 25 conflict zones in the world.
We address both the immediate, life saving needs of conflict-affected people in an emergency and the reconstruction needs in post conflict societies. The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and thorough accountability to those we serve. The IRC is an international agency with offices in London, New York, and Geneva.
For the last nine years, the IRC has helped Somali populations address their basic humanitarian needs, while simultaneously supporting localized longer term opportunities. With a strong footprint in South Gaalkacyo (since 2007), Mogadishu (since 2011), Garowe (since 2012), and Dhusamareb (since 2015), the IRC has developed a solid humanitarian portfolio in the field of health, women’s protection and empowerment, water, hygiene and sanitation, and economic empowerment. In addition, the IRC piloted a local governance program in Puntland as a way to bridge local participation and community development.
Finance Intern Responsibilities
- Ensure that all petty cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per the IRC delineation schedule before disbursement. Performing supervised petty cash counts every Friday while ensure adequate cash at all times.
- Ensure Tax, statutory and other payroll deductions are submitted in time
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all petty cash vouchers
- Assisting during the month end close out and other accounting procedures in the department.
Qualifications for the Finance Intern
- Minimum CPA II qualification. University degree is an added advantage
- Knowledge in Excel and other computer applications
- Proficiency in SUN accounting software applications is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Full description of this position and application details can be viewed through our website www.rescue.org/careers
Deadline for Applications: 17th February 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
International Allowances are not available for this position.