The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Somalia Delegation in Nairobi implements the institution’s humanitarian activities in Somalia.
HR Clerk – Nairobi
The HR Clerk provides substantial administrative support to the running of the Human Resources Department, ensures the smooth execution of any administrative needs for the department, and facilitates the flow of information between the department and the rest of the Delegation.
The HR Clerk will be based in Nairobi and will perform duties including – but not limited to – the following:
- Performing a variety of administrative and clerical duties in support of the HR department and strictly ensures that the necessary administrative work is implemented within established timelines;
- Performs various office works which require very good computer knowledge (e.g. prepare and modify documents including contracts, correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails);
- Maintains accurate and complete physical and electronic personal, archived and general Human Resources files;
- Provides administrative support and follow-up in recruitment and training,
- Opens, sorts and distributes incoming correspondence;
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments and travel arrangements;
- Takes minutes of departmental meetings and circulates these;
- Maintains office supplies for department;
- Ensures information flow for HR issues within his/her area of responsibility
- Knows, applies and complies with all the administrative procedures linked to her/his work;
- Develops and maintains a pleasant working relationship with colleagues and superiors;
- Any other tasks as delegated.
- Minimum of 3 years´ work experience in similar field of activity,
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with very good knowledge of spoken and written English, particularly business English,
- Computer literate with very good knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point,
- Detail-oriented, methodical and highly organised in their work, and practices strict adherence to timelines,
- Possessing a strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information,
- Flexible and motivated self-starter personality,
- Clerical HR experience is a strong bonus.
- Diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration or related fields.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application to the
Head of Human Resources Department,
ICRC Somalia Delegation,
on the email address [email protected]
Closing date is 9th June 2016.
Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Note that only emailed applications will be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification