The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Somalia Delegation in Nairobi implements the institution’s humanitarian activities in Somalia.
Human Resources Officer (Fixed-Term Contract) – Nairobi
The HR Officer has a clear understanding of ICRC HR strategies and implementation both at Headquarters level and at Somalia Delegation level and supports them actively.
S/he has a strong understanding of ICRC HR procedures and staff rules.
The position is a fixed-term 5-month contract. S/he is able to carry out the following roles:
- Working closely with the HR Manager and HR Responsible, the HR Officer is responsible for the recruitment processes including reviewing the accuracy of the job description with the managers, preparing job advertisements for vacant positions, shortlisting, phone prescreening, interviews, participating in the selection decision, and job offer in accordance to procedures;
- Has the overall responsibility of salary preparation/payment for the Delegation;
- Is responsible for ensuring timely monthly reporting (headcounts, end of probation periods, end of fixed term contracts);
- Is responsible for rigorously maintaining the staff security files up to date at all times;
- Provides significant contribution to the administrative support to the HR department: Maintain physical and electronic staff files, archives and general human resources files updated as well as keeping the HRIS updated at all times;
- Is responsible for centralizing and managing accident cases with HR Geneva for the whole country and contributes to supervising and following up medical expenses;
- Contribute continuously to the HR needs analysis by identifying HR issues on a day to day basis and ensuring information flow to the hierarchy.
- IHRM Higher Diploma, or University degree in HR or a related field;
- 2 years’ work experience in a busy HR office;
- Fluent in written and spoken English with strong and effective communication skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Very good level of computer literacy especially in MS Word and MS Excel;
- A strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information;
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Rigorous and accurate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application to the Head of Human Resources Department, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address [email protected]
Closing date is 23rd June 2016.
Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Note that only emailed applications will be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.