Plumber Job at International Committee of the Red Cross
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti. It also runs regional specialist units that provide support and expertise to the ICRC’s delegations in Africa.
The Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for; an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Plumber.
Tasks for the Plumber Job
- Analyze and improve existing piping towards preventive maintenance;
- Assess repairs and take decisions;
- Perform basic joinery works and masonry;
- Install new systems including water pumps and boosters;
- Interpret building plumbing drawings.
Plumber Job Requirements
- Diploma in plumbing installation/water and sewerage drainage;
- Computer literate, especially in Microsoft office (excel and word);
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar function;
- Valid driving licence with class BCE.
How to Apply
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to: Human Resource Office on the address or e-mail below, before 14th April, 2017.
Please include a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
(Indicate the position title on the subject line).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross,
Nairobi Regional Delegation, Denis Pritt Road,
P.O. Box 73226, Nairobi, 00200, Kenya:
E-mail: [email protected]