The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Somalia delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced and motivated person to fill the position of:
Purchaser Secretary – Nairobi
He/She performs a predominant support function to all Logistic units in the Delegation (Purchase, Import and Export, Supply Chain Adminstration, Fleet , Warehouse and Logistic Management)
He/She is in charge / manages’ archiving of all the Logistics documents, ensuring that the required procedures are followed.
- Overall responsible for the follow up of cash /voucher/ SMS / scratch card distribution, especially it’s reconciliation.
- To participate in the procurement orders with purchaser and requester.
- To follow up the procurement request.
- Participate in the filing of procurement documents
- To evaluate and register suppliers with purchasers.
- Check and inspect the accuracy of data and reports coming from the field.
- Follow up of Purchases with the field.
- Ensures samples of goods for delivery are distributed.
- Ensures completion of Procurement files, before signature circulation.
- Ensures that relevant copies of contracts are distributed to different sites.
- Orders -and manages stationary consumption for the Logistics department. Ensure that proper utilisation of the stationary is achieved and that ’re-order levels’ are respected.
- To manage documentation with Statistician, and tracing of the orders under the file closed or active.
- Briefs and trains newly employed staff n the general working of the Field supply system (FSS).
- Organizes frequent internal trainings to ensure that all staff are updated on ‘changes’ that arise in the Logistic department.
- Secretary diploma or equivalent.
- Very Good computer skills (Excel, word and Power Point).
- Good command of written and spoken English (Somali knowledge is an asset).
- 3 years work experience in a similar field.
- Methodical person and common sense.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application to the Head of Human Resource Department of Somalia Delegation on the above mentioned address, before 5th April 2016. International Committee of the Red Cross Somalia Delegation Denis Pritt Road P. O. Box 73226, Nairobi 00200 – Kenya
- E-mail address: [email protected] Indicate the position title on the subject line.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.