Vacancy: Research Assistants
The International Centre for Reproductive Health Kenya (ICRHK) in collaboration with FHI 360 and BURNET Institute will be implementing studies to develop, test and evaluate appropriate mhealth interventions aimed at addressing family planning and contraception issues among women in Mombasa.
We are seeking two dedicated and talented research assistants to participate in data collection.
The research assistants will work very closely with the project team to ensure that all the study procedures are in line with the research protocol.
They will be involved in the recruitment of participants, facilitation of focus group discussion and in-depth interviews, direct observation, note taking, transcribing and translation, drafting of reports and any other duties assigned by the project coordinator.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social science or related discipline.
- 3 year practical experience in the collection and analysis of qualitative data (focus group discussions/workshops, in-depth interviews, and direct observations).
- Knowledge of ethical issues relating to the conduct of research on human subjects.
- Strong attention to detail and writing skills that should include the ability to develop comprehensive field notes and high notch reports for qualitative analysis.
- Have knowledge of the health structures in Mombasa County and be proficient in both Kiswahili and English (written and spoken).
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with the study populations.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
Skills / Abilities / Competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Access, Outlook, and Excel).
- Excellent skills in using mobile phones/computers/laptops in transmitting information.
- Experience in working with key populations and an understanding of issues relating to their sexual and reproductive health.
- Remarkable skills in transcription and translation of qualitative data.
- Sound understanding of issues relating to family planning and contraceptives in Kenya.
- The candidate must possess the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision and open minded.
- Immediate availability is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Application letter stating salary expectation and an up-to-date CV with names and addresses of three referees and telephone contacts should be submitted electronically by 25th September 2015 addressed to e-mail: [email protected] with subject: “Application Research Assistant – WHISPER Project”
The applicants also need to fill a bio data form accessible on our website; http://www.icrhk.org