Vacancy: Administrative Assistant – ICRISAT
About our Organization: ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural research for development.
Established in 1972, it is one of the 15 Centres of the Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks.
ICRISAT with its Headquarters located in India has regional centres and research teams in Asia and Sub- Saharan Africa. In the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA), ICRISAT has country programs in Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique and Ethiopia.
ICRISAT Regional Office for ESA is located in Nairobi, Kenya and is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the locally recruited position of an Administrative Assistant.
About the position: To plan and organize workshops and events; Compile and Synthesize Data and prepare project reports, Manage project calendars; Maintain Project Database, Make travel arrangements, prepare communication and project visibility materials.
The position reports directly to the TL III Project Coordinator.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Prepare agendas and make arrangements for regular meetings of the Project Management Committee (PMC), NARS Networking, Project Annual Meetings and other project related meetings
Make travel arrangements for project staff, NARS and stakeholders
Compile, analyze and synthesize data and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by Project Coordinator to PMC and Project Advisory board
Meet with individuals, special interest groups and others on behalf of the Coordinator
Manage and maintain the Director’s, Project Coordinator and Principal Investigators’ schedules
Prepare invoices, project reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software
Create and maintain accurate project information database, email list manager, and a request tracking system that supports dissemination of appropriate project information to project management and stakeholders as required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science, Communication, Business Administration or a related field with additional training in business writing, communication or management.
- 2 year experience in careers with large corporations and businesses. Those working in the NGO sector will have an added advantage
Skills and Competencies
- Strong command of English, computer and Internet research skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated writing ability to prepare reports and business correspondences and to act as an effective liaison for the Director, Project Coordinator, Principal Investigator and the TL-III Project Management Team
- Analytical, problem solving, and research skills. Ability to analyze/synthesize data and prepare reports of survey and/or research findings
- Advanced computer skills – word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills and the ability to train others
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Extensive professional knowledge for organizing events involving multiple groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills that reflect courtesy, diplomacy, and a collaborative approach to develop and maintain effective relationships both internal and external contacts.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters
Terms of offer: We offer a collegial, diverse and gender-sensitive working environment, and we strongly encourage applications from qualified women.
This position is remunerated on Local terms.
The appointment will be for an initial period of two (2) years, subject to a six (6) months’ probation period.
The position will be based in Nairobi.
How to Apply
Go to http://worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf/vacancies
Applications will be considered until 31 October 2015.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about ICRISAT and World Agroforestry Centre by accessing our web sites www.icrisat.org and www.worldagroforestry.org