ICT Assistant Job at The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority
The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA) is a State Corporation established under the National Treasury pursuant to the Unclaimed Financial Assets Act No. 40 of 2011.
The primary mandate of the Authority is to obtain unclaimed financial assets from the holders of such assets on behalf of the Government, safeguard and re-unite the assets with their rightful owners.
UFAA invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
Job Ref: UFAA/011/2016
Reporting to the Senior Systems Administrator
ICT Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the process of installation and configuration of new information Communication Technology hardware and software within the Authority’s offices,
- Developing and updating application systems,
- Carrying out systems analysis, design and programme specification in liaison with users as well offer ICT support/helpdesk services
- Verifying and validating information technology equipment
- Any other ICT related duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Creating, changing, and deleting user accounts per request.
- Repairing and recovering the hardware or software failures.
- Updating and Maintenance of the IT assets database for the for ICT equipment purchased, surrendered for repair and those returned by users
- Perform hardware maintenance and repair for IT equipment
- Assist in the maintenance of standards and documentation
- Build the capacity of IT Interns, to a level that they can provide quality support services to the Customers
- Ensure staff computers are synchronized with the server for data backup
Qualifications for ICT Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, ICT or any other related field from a university recognized by the Commission for University Education.
- At least 3 years relevant work experience including network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications, Web designing & programming
- Knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques will be an added advantage
Terms & Conditions
- Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package;
- Appointments in positions No. 2 to 14 will be on permanent and pensionable terms subject to satisfactory performance; while position No. 1 will be on 4 year contract terms, renewable subject to satisfactory performance;
- Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Clearance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department.
How to Apply
- If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
- Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least two (2) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience.
- Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport. The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail, or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at 2nd Floor Pacis Centre, Westlands – off Waiyaki way, to be received on or before 22nd July 2016 at 5 P.M. addressed to:
- Chief Executive Officer Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority P.O. Box 28235-00200 Nairobi E-mail: [email protected]