Terms: One (1) Year Contract
The ICT Authority is tasked with rationalizing and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions. Its broad mandate entails enforcing ICT standards in Government and enhancing the supervision of its electronic communication. The Authority also promotes ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the Kenya National ICT Masterplan 2017.
Assistant ICT Officer Job Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with PDTP partners, recruit and onboard new ones, ensuring that they are fully briefed on the programme.
- Ensure smooth integration of the new partners into the running of the programme , establish and maintain effective working relationships with partner from diverse backgrounds
- Coordinate with government MCAs and other stakeholders to communicate and understand issues touching on partnerships.
- Source, develop a database to track all partners associated with the programme and form of participation which are in one or more of the following forms: mentorship, attachment, training, certifications, cash contributions or any other form of participation.
- Continually raise visibility of the programme by working with the programme’s communication and public relations officer and head of corporate affairs in conducting partners events.
- Hold frequent briefs with existing partners to understand and communicate any issues arising from their participation and be the first point of escalation for any partner issues. Actively recruit new partners through outreach activities and briefings intended to win their participation; and actively document their offers of participation in the programme.
- Monitor and evaluate the forms of partnership to identify issues, risks and report on the progress
- Source for post program partnership employment opportunities for the program trainees.
- Ensure the programme Advisory council activities are conducted and implemented effectively.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Assistant ICT Officer Job
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Management, Marketing or a related field
- Minimum two years of experience in a partner management, sales, Media or marketing related role in the technology sector or a similar capacity either in the private or public sector.
- Good understanding of the ICT sector, the key players and training programmes and associated professional certifications
- Ability to design partnership strategies based on clear needs identification and understanding of the operating context of ICT in Kenya
- Good understanding of private-public partnerships operation
- Knowledge of and experience with computer systems and programs including word information processing data management programs, and the use of the internet to conduct research and disseminate
- Good presentation and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Report writing and documentation skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
How to Apply
Application is strictly online on http://recruitment.icta.go.ke. Deadline for application is 2nd June 2017
The following documents will be required during application
Copy of Academic Certificates
Copy of Professional Certificates
Copy of Curriculum Vitae
Copy of National ID
ICT Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability and women are highly encouraged to apply