The ICT Authority is tasked with rationalizing and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions. Its broad mandate entails enforcing ICT standards in Government and enhancing the supervision of its electronic communication. The Authority also promotes ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the Kenya National ICT Masterplan 2017.
Database Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Administration of GoK database servers
- Monitor and maintain security and performance needs of databases
- Develop database documentation including data standards, procedures, and definitions for a data dictionary
- Ensure the database management system is kept up to date by managing upgrades and patch updates.
- Design and maintain data security and integrity policy and procedures.
- Database technical support and troubleshooting
- Oversee maintenance of database services to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance as required by the dependent business systems.
- Performance monitoring, reporting, and tuning of GoK databases.
- Manage database security and access control
- Providing ongoing database technical support.
- Proposing database and OS-level security policies for data protection.
- Creating and improving database administrative programs.
- Develop and enforce database administration and user standards and procedures
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications for the Database Administrator Job
- A university degree in computer science or related field
- Possession of a relevant Network Administration Certificate e.g. CCNA or CCNE
- Five years relevant experience
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Good communications skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- People management experience
- Planning and organisational skills
How to Apply
Application is strictly online on http://recruitment.icta.go.ke. Deadline for application is 2nd June 2017
The following documents will be required during application
Copy of Academic Certificates
Copy of Professional Certificates
Copy of Curriculum Vitae
Copy of National ID
ICT Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability and women are highly encouraged to apply