ICT BUSINESS SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR NGO JOB IN KENYA
(Ref. No. NRS/213/082017)
ICT BUSINESS SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
- Collaborate with partners on application specifications and system enhancements, to ensure
appropriateness of the design and that partners are delivering on resolution of system issues, and work
with business partners to test and deploy resolution in a timely manner.
- Work with other Team members to ensure all regional, country and project offices have access to the
- Work with Team members on an ongoing basis, to ensure that disaster recovery plans are in place, tested,
and monitored for all the systems being managed.
- Carry out regular risk assessments and implement mechanisms to mitigate the identified risks.
- Provide training to staff in the use of the business systems.
- Communicate with all staff concerning updates and changes made to the systems.
- First degree in computer science or equivalent, or a higher diploma with additional 5 years’ relevant work
- ITIL foundation certification.
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer with an experience in software development.
- Ability to communicate fluently in written and verbal English.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical specification for implementation or development.
- Excellent technical knowledge in systems analysis and administration of Business Enterprise Systems.
- Experience in test scripts development, functional analysis, coordination of user acceptance and signoff,
business process improvement, fit/gap analysis, requirements documentation and process flow charting,
and presentation of options and solutions facilitation.
- Knowledge and experience in managing and administering ERP systems. Experience with MS Dynamics
Navision will be an added advantage.
- Excellent technical knowledge of database platforms, e.g. MS SQL Server.
- Good logical diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgement in the resolution of problems.
Other desirable attributes
- Well organised to manage projects in several locations.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to pass on information clearly to users and to
grasp difficulties perceived by users.
- Ability to work under high pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and follow-up on pending matters under
This position reports to the ICT Manager.
The selected candidate should be available to start as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted up to 30th August 2017, or until the position is filled, whichever is earlier.
Interested applicants should submit: (a) a confidential cover letter, (b) detailed CV with names and addresses of
3 referees (including e-mail addresses, fax numbers), and (c) a statement illustrating suitability against the listed
qualifications/competencies/abilities, and skills.
Candidates are required to apply online through: http://recruit.icipe.org
icipe is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values
gender equity, teamwork, and respect for diversity.