Job Title: Regional Program Manager
Job Code: RPM/TL/150904
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: C.E.O
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary: Our client is a Kenyan ICT firm that develops ICT solutions that automate business processes in every sector of the economy to promote efficiency, sustainable innovation, and best practice.
They are also a trend setter in mobile solutions used by millions of Kenyans, every day and are licensed by Communication Authority to provide premium rate and content services.
Job Summary: Our client is looking for a Regional Programme Manager to further extend the reach of innovative solutions promoting efficiency and connectivity to mobile financial services for economic and social development.
The Regional Program manager shall be a dynamic, self-motivated individual with the leadership, marketing and relationship-building skills that will be necessary to achieve set objectives.
The post-holder will be confident in communicating, and in relationship-building, with all key actors from financial institutions, private sector, government, international organizations, NGOs and Savings & Credit Societies.
He/She shall report to the C.E.O with any issues on the matters and as prescribed in this job description document.
It shall be the overall responsibility to ensure our client’s regional positioning, program management and achievement of regional target through strategic partnership and management of stakeholders is met.
- Under the supervision of the CEO and in collaboration with Managers responsible for various departments, the Regional Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the overall success of current Regional programs by providing programmatic support in the form of work plan development, program reporting, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Providing strategic direction and guidance to facilitate smooth program operations in Africa’s fast paced environment;
- Budgeting and financial oversight of all Regional outreach programs;
- Developing and assisting with the start-up of new programs in Africa outlets, and helping to identify priority issue areas and opportunities;
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with strategic partners and local and international stakeholders;
- Business development, including establishing new technology partnership contacts and soliciting public/donor funding;
- Serving as a spokesperson for our client together with the CEO and other managers both Africa and foreign media;
- Contributing and/or leading proposal writing for other countries in Africa, as needed.
- Bachelors Master’s Degree in Technical , Business or relevant field required;
- At least five years of relevant professional experience required, of which at least two years field-based;
- Experience working on the Africa region required, particular experience in ICT preferred;
- Project management experience in international development field required, with a strong preference for experience in the ICT solutions;
- Proposal writing, budget drafting and fundraising experience required;
- Successful candidates will have strong analytical, strategic thinking, oral and written communication and research skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; demonstrated ability to manage and mentor staff and to coordinate teams; and experience in work plan development, program design, monitoring and evaluating performance and impact;
How to Apply
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Regional Program Manager Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume. Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only