Reporting to the Deputy Director, ICT, the Manager, and ICT Infrastructure Services will be responsible for the provision of technical support of the ICT infrastructure, communications and mobilizing systems, including architectural design, functionality and security.
Duties for the ICT Infrastructure Manager Job
- Manage contracts and relationships with external suppliers and support organizations including having regular formal review meetings to ensure the best possible economic goods and services are received by the Authority and mission critical ICT services are maintained;
- Manage Project major ICT infrastructure related projects through the complete project lifecycle from project initiation to end project review, undertaking proactive monitoring of costs, timescales and resources throughout;
- Responsible for ensuring the ICT Infrastructure Team complete the lifecycle planning, installation, testing, upgrading, control and management of all configuration items of the ICT infrastructure including all documentation, software, hardware and firmware assets, including information relating to the configuration items, their dependencies and relationships;
- Ensure that all records are complete, current and accurate;
- Manage the ICT Infrastructure Team to ensure that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve all reported incidents and problems associated with the ICT infrastructure in line with Service Level Agreements;
- Ensure that such incidents and problems are fully documented. Co-ordinate the implementation of remedies and preventative measures to address such incidents and problems;
- Manage the assessment, analysis, documentation and implementation of all changes to the configuration items of the ICT infrastructure;
- Document and Implement appropriate processes to manage and report on all changes.
- Maintain complete, current and accurate records of all changes to the ICT infrastructure;
- Responsible for ensuring the ICT Infrastructure Team design, implement, maintain and test strategies, procedures and contingency plans for all systems, data and components to ensure ICT services are restored in a timely fashion in the case of a disaster; and
- Ensure the strategies, procedures and plans are complete, current and accurate. Organize regular testing of disaster recovery plans and document outcomes.
ICT Infrastructure Manager Job Qualifications
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must possess the following key requirements;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information System or Information Technology from an institution recognized in Kenya;
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from an institution recognized in Kenya;
- A minimum of ten (10) years professional IT experience, three (3) of which must have been at the level of Deputy Manager ICT or a comparable and relevant position;
- Be a member of a professional body;
- Experience in Project Management;
- Experience in supporting major infrastructure in public/private institutions;
- Experience managing a team from a large corporate environment and
- Experience negotiating large contracts and services necessary.
How to Apply
If you possess the required skills and competencies, please submit your typed application, detailed Curriculum Vitae and Testimonials indicating three referees, National Identification card, current and expected remuneration, mobile phone contacts, a valid Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB clearance certificate, valid Police Clearance Certificate from Criminal Investigations Department and clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s head Office, Hill Park Plaza, ground floor, Upper Hill Road, Nairobi in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to;
National Transport and Safety Authority
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506
All applications should be received not later than 5:00pm on April 28, 2017
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.