REF: KVVI- 006/2016
The Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI) is a state corporation established under the State Corporations Act, (CAP 446) through Legal Notice No. 223 and
operating under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, The State Department of Livestock mandated with the production, manufacturing, research and marketing of veterinary vaccines. In order to strengthen the corporate strategy and our market leadership, we invite dynamic, innovative and self motivated candidates to submit their applications for the following position.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the job holder shall be responsible for providing support on systems that facilitate effective computation, information-sharing and
communication and critically ensure a continuous independent assurance on the Institute’s Information Technology (IT) as regards to confidentiality, integrity and availability of its infrastructure, processing systems and related resources in line with the Institute’s IT policy and operations.
Senior ICT Officer Job Responsibilities
- Ensure database creation, design and management for various aspects of the institute.
- Carry out specifications for ICT equipment and systems.
- Ensuring implementation of computer programmes and systems.
- Ensure establishment of a functional back-up systems in the institute.
- Upgrading ICT infrastructure, systems and procedures and ICT budgeting.
- Develop and advise on corporate information and communication technology strategy.
- Ensure availability of systems analysis and designs.
- Training and development of staff in the unit.
- Carry out feasibility studies for areas to be computerized and make recommendations
Qualifications for the Senior ICT Officer Job
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Business Information Technology/Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Masters’ degree in Computer Science OR Information Systems from a recognized institution and
- Having served for at least five (5) years with proven competence on duty performance
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Application should be accompanied with Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents; a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating current position, remuneration, email and other contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and email address) of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Report from the Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Interested applicants should submit ten (10) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked ‘Application for the position of…………………….. Ref. No…. Applications must be received on or before Friday, 16th December 2016 at 12 noon. Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute P.O. BOX 53260 00200 Head Office, Embakasi off Enterprise Road, Road A, NAIROBI, KENYA