The Kenya Rural Roads Authority (KeRRA), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure was established under the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 and charged with the mandate to manage, develop, rehabilitate and maintain rural roads.
In order to carry out this mandate successfully, the Authority invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens who wish to be considered for various senior management positions as follows:
Manager (Information and Communication Technology (ICT)) – 1 Position
ICT Manager Job Summary
The ICT Manager will be responsible to the Director General for provision of leadership in the formulation and implementation of the Authority’s ICT strategy; development of information technology; and management of ICT security. Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve:
- Developing and implementing ICT objectives, policies, strategies and operational plans in relation to Authority’s strategic Plan;
re-assessing and re-defining the organization-wide standards in hardware, software, and ICT services;
- Providing technical, functional and organizational guidance and support to projects;
- Monitoring and coordinating the implementation and adherence to ICT policies, procedures and standards;
- Advising on new emerging technologies and innovations;
- Coordinating systems analysis, design and programme specifications;
- Timely implementation and effective maintenance of systems;
- Developing reports on ICT standards;
- Supervising overall systems documentation;
- taking charge of Information Communication Technology equipment maintenance;
- preparing progress reports;
- evaluating and recommending on the suitability of Information Communication Technology equipment;
- training of Information Communication Technology Hardware personnel and users;
- designing Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN);
- preparing staff performance reports;
- Advising the management on the up-take of new technology and strategic use of ICT and related cost reduction opportunities;
- supervising and facilitating training for departmental staff;
- ensuring that procedures and systems are adhered to;
- procurement of ICT equipment and services;
- drawing up budget for ICT Unit; and
- developing annual performance targets for the Unit.
Specifications for ICT Manager Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Business and Information Technology (BIT) or their equivalent from a recognized university;
- A Masters Degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
- Minimum of six (6) years post qualification experience and demonstrated professional competence in ICT work as reflected in work performance and results, three (3) years of which should be in a senior position, such as Senior ICT Officer, or in a comparable and relevant position in the
- Public Sector or Private Sector. Experience in public service will be an added advantage.
- Registration as a member of the Information Communication Technology Association of Kenya (ICTAK), is an added advantage;
Certificate of Attendance of a Strategic Leadership Course or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution, is an added advantage;
- A proper understanding of the Mandate of the Authority and the role of ICT in achievement of the same;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning, performance improvement and professional development;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of emerging ICT technologies and challenges;
- Good communication as well as interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage staff and provide good leadership
Terms of Service and Remuneration- The successful candidate will serve on a three (3) years’ contract, renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes. The salary and other benefits attached to this position will be as determined by the Board guided by the State Corporations and Advisory Committee in consultation with the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Department of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct).
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below by close of business on Friday 14th October, 2016 at 5.00 p.m. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID / Passport. The Director General, Kenya Rural Roads Authority, Blue Shield Towers, 6th Floor, Hospital Hill Road, P.O. Box 48151 – 00100, NAIROBI. Or emailed to: [email protected] or hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment Box located on the 6th Floor. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents / details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.