A rural based Water Service Provider (WSP) Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following positions:
- Develop and execute an ICT strategy, related policies and standards in line with the overall Company strategy;
- Database administration, network administration and user support;
- Manage structured end-user capacity building to ensure optimal and efficient use of all the ICT systems/tools available;
- Liaison with software vendors and external IT service providers;
- Responsible for the management of systems and data security and recovery measures;
- Provide management and technical reports for decision making and operational support;
- Supervise deployment of new IT applications, installations, enhancements and undertake necessary tests;
- Administering the routine maintenance schedule for all ICT hardware.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Information Communication Technology or equivalent from a recognized university;
- Four years of working experience two of which have been in the capacity of managing an ICT department /section;
- Professional certification e.g. CNE, MSCE, MSCD, DBA, IMIS (etc);
- Knowledge of SQL database management;
- Ability to relay technical issues to a largely non-technical audience;
- Experience in water sector is an added advantage.
- Maintain datasets, maps and analyze utility data using GIS software;
- Provide information on drainage, water, sanitary/sewer and property;
- Respond to mapping, surveying and information requests;
- Interpret engineering construction plans, various mapped information and extract relevant information for further analyses;
- Analyze and perform quality checks on GIS data;
- Develop, maintain, and enhance GIS applications and databases;
- Prepare reports as required;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Survey and Mapping; OR
- Diploma in Survey and Mapping + 2 years relevant experience;
- Professional training in GIS software.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, kindly apply to the
P.O. Box 49010 – 00100
attaching your certificates and testimonials to reach us by 25th March 2016.