Job Title: ICT Officer
Organization: Largest Betting Company in East Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS) is a performance enhancement firm known for people and organization development. We specialize in developing and strengthening organization systems through research and information interpretation, behavioral and attitude change, Staff training, Recruitment, and R & D. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, the largest Betting Company in East Africa.
Job Summary: The ICT Officer will support the Betting Company by using professional experience and training in information technology and network communications to provide technical support for a large, complex data communications network or group of networks. The incumbent supports the network infrastructure by installing, configuring and troubleshooting network equipment and systems. This is a professional network communication position that is responsible for a large, complex data communications network, and for the integration of computer and network systems into the network. This position requires specialized knowledge of high speed data networks, network hardware and peripherals. Foundation knowledge and skills include knowledge of telecommunications and transmission technologies, including network architecture, topologies, protocols, programming applications and interfaces. This is a career professional position at the intermediate level requiring the ability to work independently to solve complex data network communications problems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent designs, develops, and implements integrated network architecture for large scale computing systems.
• Keenly analyzes and determines budget requirements, current computer and network systems technology, and available vendor offerings to implement optimal network architecture solutions.
• Plans future enhancements for computer networks.
• The ICT Officer installs, configures, manages, and does capacity planning for communications networks carrying data, voice, and video.
• Develops standards for computer and network systems, to include standards for wiring, equipment, system security, and routing protocol.
• Offers technical support and direction to staff and participates directly in the daily operations required to manage a network, utilizing equipment such as switches, routers, hubs, bridges, and transport media (e.g., wire, fiber optic, cable, wireless).
• Analyzes work for security vulnerabilities and breaches.
• Serves as the network technical specialist on network problems and emergencies, and assists in troubleshooting and resolving network problems.
• Performs any other duties as required to support the overall IT infrastructure.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The ideal candidate for the ICT Officer vacancy should hold a good Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field, with six years of experience in related positions; or a Master’s degree in directly related fields with four years of related IT support experience.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to apply should send their CVs via Email to; [email protected]