National Sports Fund is a State Corporation established by Sports Act No. 25 of 2013 part III section 12 under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and The Arts. The Fund is mandated to raise funds through sports lottery, investments and any other means and disburse the funds for the development of sports and recreation. The Fund now invites applications from suitable individuals to fill the following vacant positions:
SENIOR INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER – GRADE NSF 6
Advert No. NSF/15/2016 Number of Posts: One (1)
IT Job Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- mplementing ICT systems and standards;
- maintaining primary and disaster recovery data centres;
- ensuring work and changes to the ICT infrastructure components are undertaken;
- administering and maintaining LAN & WAN;
- ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement;
- controlling and monitoring user access to the databases;
- optimizing the performance of the databases; and
- planning for backup and disaster recovery systems.
Qualifications For IT Job
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- served in the grade of Information Communication Technology Officer for a minimum period of three (3years;
- Bachelors in any of the following disciplines:- Computer Science; Information Science; Information Technology;
- Business Information Technology or any equivalent qualification from recognized institution;
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE); Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNAor any other
- equivalent qualification from recognized Institution; and
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
- Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya. They must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher education loans board
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission.
- Criminal Investigation Department (certificate of good conduct)
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Those fulfilling the requirements of the position should submit their applications quoting reference number of the vacancy on the envelope together with a detained c.v and all relevant testimonials stating your current position, current remuneration, expected salary, email address, telephone contacts. Applicants are also expected to provide postal address, telephone and email contacts of three references latest on 7th October, 2016. All applications should be addressed to:
- The Chairman, National Sports Fund, P.O Box 4644 – 00200, NAIROBI
- Applications should be delivered By Hand To The Fund’s Office During work hours.