Support Electoral Trainers Job at IEBC
Applications are invited for temporary positions for polling officials as follows:
Duties for the Support Electoral Trainers Job
- Conduct training on the polling, counting and tallying process for POs, DPOs and clerks.
- Collect and ensure security of all election training materials for the General election.
- An Officer at this level will later be deployed as a Presiding Officer or Deputy Presiding Officer after conducting training of the Poll officials.
Support Electoral Trainers Job Requirements
- Be a Kenyan citizen of high integrity, and be non-partisan
- Be holders of Social Science Degree or Diploma from recognized institutions
- Be computer literate,
- Have proven and demonstrated training skills.
- Should have participated in adult training programmes
- Ability to manage people. Must be available for the entire period of the General Election
Must be residents in the constituency in which they apply for and must quote the constituency on the application letter and envelope Support Electoral Trainers will be engaged for at least Fifteen (15) days and will be paid Kshs. 2,000/= per day.
How to Apply
Applicants who strictly meet the above requirements should apply online at the IEBC website www.iebc.or.ke/careers.
- Applicants attention is drawn to Section 30 of the IEBC Act in which Members or Employees of the Commission will be held liable on conviction to a term of imprisonment not exceeding three years or to a fine of not more than one million shillings or both for subverting the process of free, fair elections or interfering with the functions of the commission in discharging its duty.
The Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be vetted as per Chapter Six of the Constitution.