Applications are invited for temporary positions for polling officials as follows:
Duties for the Constituency ICT Clerks Job
- To provide a high quality first level ICT support service to Voter Registration Assistants.
- Restore the normal service to the users as quickly as possible by fixing a technical fault, fulfilling a service request or answering a query to allow the users to work effectively.
- Preparation, configuration and testing of Verification/inspection kits in readiness for general election.
- In liaison with RICT, provide technical Support to the PO/DPO/clerks during verification/inspection.
- Installing, configuring and re-imaging of the verification kits for replacement.
- Performing data backup and data restoration on KIMS Kits.
- Ensure that the KIMS kits are fully charged and functional at all times.
- Participate in the training of the VPO,DPO and clerks
Constituency ICT Clerks Job Requirements
- Be a Kenyan citizen of high integrity and be non-partisan.
- Be holder of a minimum of Diploma qualifications in ICT or other IT related field.
- ICT Certification (e.g. MCSE, CCNA or Equivalent) will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years industrial experience in ICT support in a busy environment.
- Hands on experience and skills in Computer Hardware, Network and Software diagnosis.
- Should have effective communication skills and good report writing skills.
- Must be available for the entire period of general election.
- Must be residents in the Constituency in which they apply for.
The constituency ICT clerk will be engaged for at least Thirty (30) days and will be paid Ksh 1,500 per day. NB. The payments will be taxable in accordance with prevailing KRA regulations.
How to Apply
Applicants who strictly meet the above requirements should apply online at the IEBC website www.iebc.or.ke/careers.
- Applicants attention is drawn to Section 30 of the IEBC Act in which Members or Employees of the Commission will be held liable on conviction to a term of imprisonment not exceeding three years or to a fine of not more than one million shillings or both for subverting the process of free, fair elections or interfering with the functions of the commission in discharging its duty.
The Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be vetted as per Chapter Six of the Constitution.