Deputy Returning Officer Job at IEBC
Applications are invited for temporary positions for polling officials as follows:
Duties for the Deputy Returning Officer Job
- Deputise the Constituency Returning Officer in making all the necessary arrangement for the conduct of a free fair and credible General Election 2017
- Any other duty assigned by the Returning Officer.
Deputy Returning Officer Job Requirements
- Be a Kenyan citizen of high integrity, and be non-partisan
- Be holders of Bachelors’ Degree or Diploma from a recognized institution
- Be computer literate
- At least six (6) years of working experience at a supervisory level in public or private sector
- Demonstrated skills in people management
- Computation of data skills will be an added advantage
- He/she should have no political affiliations
- Should be willing to work anywhere in the country.
Must be a resident of the constituency applied for Deputy Returning Officers will be engaged for at least Sixty (60) days and will be paid Kshs. 3,000/= per day.
- The payments will be taxable in accordance with prevailing KRA regulations.
How to Apply
Applicants who strictly meet the above requirements should apply online at the IEBC website www.iebc.or.ke/careers.
- Applicants attention is drawn to Section 30 of the IEBC Act in which Members or Employees of the Commission will be held liable on conviction to a term of imprisonment not exceeding three years or to a fine of not more than one million shillings or both for subverting the process of free, fair elections or interfering with the functions of the commission in discharging its duty.
The Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be vetted as per Chapter Six of the Constitution