Applications are invited for temporary positions for polling officials as follows:
Duties for the Logistics Officers Job
- Draw the material distribution plan within his area of jurisdiction
- Draw and implement route maps of material distribution
- Arrange election materials in readiness for collection by POs/DPOs
- Coordinate the transport of the materials to various polling stations
- Support the Returning Officer in the distribution and retrieval of election materials
- Identify gaps in material received and distributed and liaise with ROs in addressing the gaps.
- Maintain records of all the materials received, distributed and retrieved.
Logistics Officers Job Requirements
- Be a Kenyan citizen of high integrity, and be non-partisan
- Be holders of Degree/ Diploma certificate from a recognized institution
- Be competent in Ms Office
- Have effective communication
- Have good report writing skills
- Proven organisational skills
- Must be residents in the constituency in which they apply for
- Must be knowledgeable in logistics, distribution and retrieval of materials
- Should be conversant with the Geography, infrastructure and terrain of the Constituency he/she applies to work in.
Must be available for the entire period of the General Elections Logistics Officers will be engaged for at least Thirty (30) days and will be paid Kshs. 1,500/= per day
- The payments will be taxable in accordance with prevailing KRA regulations.
How to Apply
Applicants who strictly meet the above requirements should apply online at the IEBC website www.iebc.or.ke/careers.
- Applicants attention is drawn to Section 30 of the IEBC Act in which Members or Employees of the Commission will be held liable on conviction to a term of imprisonment not exceeding three years or to a fine of not more than one million shillings or both for subverting the process of free, fair elections or interfering with the functions of the commission in discharging its duty.
The Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be vetted as per Chapter Six of the Constitution.