Polling Clerks/ Counting Clerks Job at IEBC
Applications are invited for temporary positions for polling officials as follows:
Duties for the Polling Clerks/ Counting Clerks Job
- Ensure the good conduct of elections as in the polling station as per assigned by the Presiding Officers
- Any other duty assigned by Returning Officer at the tallying center as assigned.
Polling Clerks/ Counting Clerks Job Requirements
- KCSE Aggregate C- and above
- Must be of good character and non-partisan
- Must be available the entire period of the General Elections
- Applicants for the position of Polling Clerk/Counting Clerk must be residents of the County Assembly Ward where the polling centre applied for is located.
Polling and Counting Clerks will be engaged for at least Nine (9) days and will be paid Kshs. 1,000/= per day
- The payments will be taxable in accordance with prevailing KRA regulations.
How to Apply
Applicants who strictly meet the above requirements should apply online at the IEBC website www.iebc.or.ke/careers.
- Applicants attention is drawn to Section 30 of the IEBC Act in which Members or Employees of the Commission will be held liable on conviction to a term of imprisonment not exceeding three years or to a fine of not more than one million shillings or both for subverting the process of free, fair elections or interfering with the functions of the commission in discharging its duty.
The Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be vetted as per Chapter Six of the Constitution.