Applications are invited for temporary positions for polling officials as follows:
Duties for the Presiding & Deputy Presiding Officers Job
- Conduct training on the polling, counting and tallying process for the clerks.
- Collect and ensure security of all election materials for the General election.
- Oversee efficient and effective management of the election before, during and after of election.
- Ensure the good conduct of elections in the polling station or tallying center as assigned.
- Counting, tallying and announcement of provisional results in the polling station and sending the same through online transmission to the National and Constituency tallying centers.
- Ensure safe custody all entrusted documents during the 2017 General Elections, document hand over of all election materials and equipment to RO after the General Election.
Presiding & Deputy Presiding Officers Job Requirements
- Be a Kenyan citizen of high integrity, and be non-partisan
- Be holders of Degree/ Diploma certificate from a recognized institution
- Be computer literate,
- Have effective communication
- Good report writing skills Ability to manage people, sensitive data and materials.
- Have skills in data computation
- Must be available for the entire period of the General Election
- Must be residents in the constituency and Ward in which they apply for. Presiding and Deputy Presiding
- Officers will be engaged for at least thirteen (13) Days.
Presiding Officers will be paid Kshs. 2000/= per day
Deputy Presiding Officers will be paid Kshs. 1,800/= per day
- The payments will be taxable in accordance with prevailing KRA regulations
How to Apply
Applicants who strictly meet the above requirements should apply online at the IEBC website www.iebc.or.ke/careers.
- Applicants attention is drawn to Section 30 of the IEBC Act in which Members or Employees of the Commission will be held liable on conviction to a term of imprisonment not exceeding three years or to a fine of not more than one million shillings or both for subverting the process of free, fair elections or interfering with the functions of the commission in discharging its duty.
The Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be vetted as per Chapter Six of the Constitution.