Job Duties and Responsibilities
Information Flow and Tracking Deadlines:
- Generally manage the information flow of the Director’s office and from the Regional team and Geneva, the Regional and Country offices, National Societies, ICRC and to the general public.
- Ensure timely and accurate transmission and exchange of information, and follow up to ensure feedback is provided, necessary actions taken and deadlines met.
- Identify and handle confidential/sensitive material professionally while protecting the interests of the Federation, and the Africa Region office.
- Organize and maintain efficient information storage and retrieval systems that guarantees the correctness and integrity of records as well as ease of cross-referencing with well-defined levels of access.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts/stakeholders to promote a good and positive image of the Federation through information exchange and professional feedback.
- Consolidate the quarterly reports for the SG in consultation from the Director, Head of Operations and Regional and Country Offices
- Reconcile and allocate working advances for the Director and follow up with finance to ensure working advance has been cleared.
- Coordinate the Regional Director’s requirements for meetings and arrange meetings, prepare notices and minutes and take notes as necessary.
- Review all outgoing correspondence prepared for the Director; edit as appropriate to ensure correct spelling, grammar, and formatting style. In addition, draft standard administrative correspondence, complete forms for administrative actions and keep records of actions taken.
- Also format documents and prepare power point presentations, tables and charts as may become necessary.
- Schedule briefings and debriefings of Secretariat, PNS and ICRC representatives with relevant regional departments and National Societies as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain a database of all staff in the Region and regional office
- Maintain and updated database of all ANS
- Create and maintain the yearly eventrix.
Event and Calendar Management
- Manage the Director’s calendar, coordinate and adjust itineraries and schedules, and confirm appointments, and meetings as necessary
- Organize / coordinate events such as retreats, off-site meetings, and official events; ensuring that the required logistics (venue, catering, transportation, lodging, facilitation etc.) are provided for by Administration and Logistics units.
- Take minutes of monthly staff meetings and post on public drive
- Provide secretarial support to the Africa Region Management Team.
- Organize the Director’s travel and related logistics (hotel, per diem etc.) as well as that of external guests as appropriate.
- Visa applications to be done timeously and ensure efficient follow up.
- Prepare meeting pack‘s with relevant documentation including ticket, letter of invitation, accommodation booking, security regulations.
- Share travel information with the relative people in host countries.
- Share information with staff in Region Office
Bachelor’s degree in Office Administration, Social Sciences, Secretarial studies or any other relevant fields
- 5 years or more experience in secretarial services, programme management, public relations and general administration( Required)
- Experience within a RC National Society and/or the Federation Secretariat ( Preferred)
- A good understanding of the Red Cross business, and of regional operations and structures ( Required)
- Experience in customer service operations, and in protocol.( Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Practical knowledge of computers (Word processing, Spread sheets,email, database management
- Knowledge of modern office management and practices
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills