he International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Security Intern – Africa Regional Office will work with the Africa Region Security Coordinator to ensure that the IFRC’s Minimum Security Requirements (MSR) are fully implemented across the region.
Responsibilities for the Security Internships in Kenya
- Analyse the MSR compliance situation in Africa Region (49 countries), and prepare a situation report.
- Evaluate and monitor individual office (field office, country office, and cluster support office) MSR situation, and prepare individual situation reports.
- Work with heads of offices or their representatives and the Regional Security Coordinator on improving the individual and overall MSR situations.
- Identify causes of non-compliance and related issues, and recommend measures to enhance compliance.
- Analyze residential security requirements in all countries where the IFRC Africa Region has a formal presence, and prepare a report.
- Work with the Regional Security Coordinator to develop regional or country residential security requirements.
- Other task assigned by Regional Security Coordinator.
- Successful completion of Stay Safe e-learning courses (basic and manager versions).
Qualifications for the Security Internships in Kenya
- Diploma or degree in security management, business management, project management or related fields.
- Working experience in organizational security risk management.
- Working experience in humanitarian aid or international development.
- Demonstrated understanding of key security risk management principles.
- Volunteering or working experience in a RC/RC National Society or another voluntary organisation;
- Knowledge, skills and languages
- Demonstrated success in monitoring and evaluation, project management, and reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a database;
- Advanced computer and software user (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access);
- Sharing the RC/RC principles and values;
- Ability to work well in a multicultural and busy environment;
- Good communicator and presenter.
Competencies and Values
Respect and act in line with our values and competencies. The values of the Secretariat are built on the Red Cross and Red Crescent Fundamental Principles, respect for diversity, and integrity in all we do.
The core competencies set the standard for all Secretariat staff. We expect our people to be accountable, placing primary focus on building NS relations, having the technical skills to get results and working effectively in teams sharing knowledge and best practices through good communication skills.
Management competencies are also required for this post. Managers provide vision and direction, represent the organisation and manage performance to achieve our goals and build the organisation.
How To Apply
Click here to apply.