*Please submit an application by November 4th, 2016 for priority consideration.
Lead Field Office Security Strategies
- Develop and implement comprehensive security strategies and operational protocols for IJM Kenya Field Office personnel and property, witness protection, and evacuation and contingency plans;
- Conduct recurring reviews and inspections of security procedures, policies and systems;
- Collaborate with headquarters programs and field office leadership to ensure security strategies appropriately support IJM program priorities;
- Conduct protective service operations, lead protective operation planning and organize and train protective service details;
- Implement IJM global security protocols; and
- Maintain detailed records of field office security work and policies.
Threat Analysis & Response
- Identify and evaluate threats to the safety and security of field office staff and property and develop mitigation strategies;
- Provide guidance and recommendations to field office staff and leadership for the safety, security and protection of staff at all times;
- Prepare threat assessments and conduct safety and security reviews for IJM staff, clients and casework; and
- Develop, implement and review risk mitigation strategies and operational security plans for field work in collaboration with other IJM teams.
Operational Support & Crisis Management
- Ensure the security of IJM staff and clients;
- Establish and monitor office access control mechanisms for IJM premises;
- Assist in the selection/supervision of field office and contract security personnel;
- Ensure compliance with fire regulations and train office staff in fire/building evacuation plans;
- Provide on-the-ground leadership in response to critical incidents and input to field office leadership on crisis management;
- Provide on-the-ground leadership in response to emergent threats to IJM personnel and property;
- Develop and implement remedies to security risks and deficiencies;
- Monitor national and regional security incident reporting, maintain a database of incidents and ensure appropriate dissemination of information during emergencies;
- Develop, maintain and leverage key relationships with government, commercial and NGO security professionals in Kenya;
- Manage security requirements for special events, including visits by donors, IJM executives, etc;
- Conduct protective service operations when warranted by threat level;
- Maintain updated staff communication trees and recall rosters;
- Monitor the location and verify the safety of field office staff;
- Develop, maintain and manage a network of productive operatives and informants;
- Conduct surveillance detection and counter surveillance to identify possible threats to staff and clients;
- Gather intelligence pertinent to the security of the IJM office, clients or staff; and
- Ensure that concise, thorough and timely written reports are produced for all security-related activities.
- Train field office staff in security strategies and operational and travel protocols;
- Ensure security and contingency plans are incorporated into all IJM programming and a culture of security awareness is inculcated among staff; and
- Facilitate regular communications on security matters to ensure field office staff are equipped with adequate knowledge, tools and resources to comply with security protocols and best practices.
IJM Internal Coordination
- Liaise with Field Office Director and Director of IJM Global Security to provide regular reporting and updates on security issues in Kenya; and
- Participate in IJM programs promoting professional growth and Christian spiritual formation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in security management or related field;
- Master’s degree in security management or related field preferred;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing security operations, preferably for non-profit or international organizations;
- Proven ability to design, successfully implement and review tactical security operations in the field;
- Expertise in the analysis of security threats, risks and vulnerability in Africa;
- Experience in crisis management preferred;
- Experience supervising security officers and contractors;
- Experience conducting protective service operations;
- Experience providing witness protection preferred;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary, cross-cultural environment;
- Experience in program management and strategic planning preferred;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Fluent in oral and written English;
- Fluent in oral and written Kiswahili preferred;
- Computer literate with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Valid driver’s license; and
- Valid certificate of good conduct for Kenyan nationals.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Committed team player, able to develop effective working relationships in multi-disciplinary, cross-cultural teams;
- Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions;
- Ability to work effectively under stress;
- Effective multi-tasker, attentive to detail and disciplined with priorities;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Pro-active, creative problem solver;
- Unassailable honesty and integrity;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong service ethic and a passion for IJM’s mission and goals; and
- Diplomatic and flexible.
- This position may require frequent travel within Kenya and some travel outside of Kenya.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here