ILRI vacancy: Associate Manager – Finance, IRRI (closing date: 19 June 2018)
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an Associate Manager – Finance to serve as the principal advisor to the regional leadership on all matters relating to financial management for the region.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutrition security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional and country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. http://www.ilri.org
ILRI hosts the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in Nairobi (www.irri.org) with its headquarters in Los Baños, Laguna in the Philippines. IRRI is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science; improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers; and protecting the rice-growing environment for future generations.
- Support Regional and Country Offices (Burundi, Mozambique and Tanzania) in shaping their processes and practices in financial management.
- Monitor to ensure that the Regional office and all country offices’ financial accounting environment compliances with IRRI’ policies and procedures, donor regulations and legal requirements
- Prepare financial analysis reports for submission to HQ/Finance, and other reports as requested by the regional Corporate Services Manager (CSM) or Regional Representative
- In cooperation with HQ finance and the regional Corporate Services Manager (CSM), assist Country Programs as needed to ensure the submission of timely and accurate financial data to Headquarters .Provide support to country offices as needed in reinforcing financial management policies and meeting standards of excellence.
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are performed in accordance with the bank reconciliation procedure for all bank accounts and approved bank reconciliation forms are submitted to HQ/Finance on timely basis
- Support Country Offices in reviewing budgets for new projects and revisions of existing projects
- Ensure that all assets including cash, inventories, and accounts receivable and fixed assets are accurately reflected on the trial balance
- Provides technical support to ensure internal control systems are in place and followed by all Finance Team in the Country Offices.
- Actively engage with internal and external audit teams and ensure findings related to financial management are closed.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Full accounting qualifications- CPA (K) or ACCA
- Professional certification
Terms of Appointment
These are Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position; based at Nairobi, Kenya and open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is on a 2-year Fixed Term contract
This position is job level 3B level 3, ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 19 June 2018. The position title and reference number REF: AFM/IRRI/2018 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.