ILRI NGO Research Assistant Jobs in Kenya, Salary over Ksh150,000
Research Assistant – Animal and Human Health
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Animal and Human Health
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Assistant to support laboratory activities including analysis of biological samples, development of reports, and supervision of graduate fellows attached to the projects in which the assistant is assigned to in the Animal and Human Health program. This position is required for efficient management of laboratory activities for a subset of projects in the program.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Conduct laboratory analyses of biological samples from projects assigned using various techniques ranging from simple screening tests to advanced molecular techniques
- Develop reports and manuscripts from data generated from field and laboratory activities
- Manage laboratory facilities and consumables and take the lead role in placing orders for various items required in the lab
- Support graduate fellows working under these projects while conducting their analyses in the laboratory
- Contribute to the development of concept notes and proposals
- BSc in biomedical technology, biological sciences, biotechnology, veterinary medicine or related field
- More than 3 years’ experience on the application of serological and molecular techniques for screening zoonotic pathogens
- Good experience on field surveys including outbreak investigations;
- Competence in data management and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through technical reports
- Strong organization and supervisory skills
Terms of Appointment
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ILRI’s Nairobi campus. It is open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is on a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
This position is at job level 2C, level 2 and open to Kenyan nationals only. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above on or before 20 April 2018. The position title and reference number REF: RAHH/04/2018 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.