- Organization: International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
- Country: Kenya
- City: Nairobi
- Office: ILRI Nairobi
Closing date: Wednesday, 26 July 2017
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Stores Officer to provide support to the Senior Transport and Stores Supervisor by ensuring that proper documentation is done on time, adequate stock levels are maintained at all times and facilitation of receipts and payment to Suppliers.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Main contact person for Stores unit related issues and charged with the responsibility of implementing the Store management Policies
- Supporting both internal and external audit during mid and end-year stock-takes and preparing items for disposal
- Ensuring that there is a proper division and rotation of tasks within the Unit and create an environment of learning and self-development as well as providing induction training to new staff in Stores policies/procedures
- Ensuring implementation of decisions made by the Instituteâ€™s disposal committee in relation to lab Equipment, Information Communication & Technology (ICT) Equipment, furniture and farm animals that are due for disposal
- Responsible for preparing and providing weekly, monthly and quarterly quality reports
- Communication and management of internal and external relationships
- Proper verification of all goods delivered and ensuring they conform to the provided specifications
- Update all stock items received including Goods Received Note numbers as generated in the system and Reconcile physical stock with system stock record and bin cards
- Facilitating all the receipts/issues and ensuring proper documentation and physical dispatch of both stock and non-stock items to user departments in a timely manner
- Ensure no stock-outs at any given time so that research work flows seamlessly
- Ensure accurate updating of fuel consumption records both on weekly and monthly basis.
- Keep and maintain a well, organized record keeping/filing system including management of records in OCS Stores Module
- Support change management at ILRI Stores Unit and Carry out other duties as may be allocated by the Senior Transport and Stores Supervisor
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics.
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Computer application skills and especially knowledge of business systems, like ER.
- Professional qualifications in store and transport management from the Chartered Institute of Supply Chain Management (CIPS).
- Member of CIPS or KISM.
Terms of Appointment
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ILRIâ€™s Nairobi campus. It is open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is on a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
This position is job level 2D, and ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRIâ€™s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidateâ€™s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 26 July, 2017. The position title and reference number REF: SO/07/2017 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.