Project Manager Job at International Livestock Research Institute
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Project Manager responsible for the activities in various projects inorder to ensure that the projects complete their deliverables within the stipulated timeline and budget.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock.
It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world.
Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Assist in project specific opportunity pipeline to ensure timely delivery, compliance and adherence to the Program Management Framework process
- Align the project level strategy with the overall program strategy and highlight any variances to the Project Leader for realignment/adjustment.
- Lead, with the Project Leader, the development of the project workplan
- Analyze the staffing needs for the project and participate in the workforce planning process.
- Contribute to the development of a procurement plan and closely monitor and manage the procurement activities for the project
- Ensure project documentation and the different project activities are up to date and make the necessary update in case of variances/ changes
- Liaise with the program manager to review and update the projects exit strategy/sustainability plan by providing project specific inputs
- Liaise with the program manager in budgeting, assessing alignment and establishing timelines for the project work plans
- Ensure the communication outputs align with the program communication strategy and project communication plan.
- Effectively manage the project budget, ensuring proper expenditure, booking and appropriate burn rate and/or highlighting any variances, and providing suggestions for resolution.
- Maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and facilitate effective flow of information between all partners, team members and relevant stakeholders in project activities
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists to ensure project level monitoring, data analysis and reporting to support effective project management.
- Coordinate the preparation of timely and quality reports to be submitted to ILRI, Partners, and Stakeholders.
- Lead the projectmanagement teamand build their capacity on ILRI Program Management Framework to enhance their performance
- Act as the focal point for Program Management Framework at a project level and be responsible for maintenance of the same.
Requirements for the Project Manager Job
- Masters/ Advanced Degree in Business Administration, Program Management or related field
- Program Management certification – desirable
- At least 5 years’ project management experience
- Experience in development and implementation of project management systems and tools
- Excellent people management skills in a multicultural setting
- Experience in managing stakeholder relationships
- Excellent managerial and multitasking skills,
- Problem solving skills
- Technical reporting skills
- Track record of showing initiative and driving decision making at project level
How to Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on this link https://www.ilri.org/jobs?jid=23823-project-manager before 25 April 2017.
The position title and reference number REF: PM/04/17 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.