Relationship Manager – German Desk Jobs at I&M Bank
The incumbent will be part of the I&M Bank team in Nairobi and will be in charge of promoting the German-Kenyan / German-East African business relations. This is a senior position that will assist German corporates in Kenya / East Africa or Germany with their export business to Kenya/ East Africa as well as Kenyan / East African companies that export to Germany and or import German products.
The job holder will be in charge of promoting the German desk by providing financing opportunities as well as other banking and advisory services. He /she will be responsible for ensuring quality business growth of both the asset and liability book.
Relationship Manager Job Responsibilities
- Provision of banking/ financial advisory services by building and fostering relationships with German corporates selling products to Kenya/East Africa either through their German or local office. Advising German and Kenya East Africa companies on trade finance solutions and other banking services
- Organizing meetings, seminars and round–tables to further deepen the Kenyan-German business in collaboration with DEG, the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Kenya, the Kenyan-German
- Business Association and the German Embassy in Kenya.
- Facilitating the structuring and negotiations of financing proposals while liaising and collaborating with the
- Commercial Consulate of the German embassy, the local Delegation of German Industry and Commerce, the
- Kenyan-German Business Association as well as other institutions to provide local insights in the area of both economic and business regulations for German businesses seeking to explore business opportunities and partnerships in Kenya.
- Leveraging on the Bank’s geographical spread, branch network and customer base to provide a credible channel for exchange of German and/or Kenyan goods and services.
- Facilitating the structuring and negotiation of financing solutions for investments of Kenya and other surrounding countries private sector companies in connection with the purchase of German equipment and/or services or their export activities.
- Providing monthly and annual reporting on its activities to the banks management and DEG.
- Effectively managing the functions of the German Desk to provide a one-stop shop in the provision of all banking services and other requisite financing needs of companies being engaged in German-Kenyan business activities.
Qualifications for the Relationship Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Fluent in German and English
- Minimum experience of 3 years, preferably in banking and trade finance
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Knowledgeable in accounting , Banking Act, CBK prudential guidelines and credit policies.
- Excellent networking and presentation skills
- Experience with the local business environment and work experience in/ or related to Germany
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please send your application together with comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, salary expectations and names and contacts of three referees. Your application should reach the addresses below as soon as possible but not later than 31st July 2017. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: [email protected] (preferred option)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.