I&M Bank is seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
REF: AGMC/03/2016- ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER – CARDS
The job holder will be responsible for providing leadership to the Card Centre and growing card Business in line with the Bank’s overall card strategy. This role is also responsible for ensuring that the Bank’s card business is in compliance with Visa and MasterCard rules, CBK’s prudential guidelines and that risk controls are in place.
The Incumbent will report to the Divisional Head – Business Development and will be responsible for:
- Growing card business with an aim of profit improvement and costs management;
- Implementing adequate card risk management and mitigations to prevent fraud or bad debt;
- Implementing effective card operations structures, process systems and procedures to achieve compliance with the Bank’s policies, regulator’s guidelines and payment schemes’ regulations;
- Creating a strong and effective relationship management with customers, Bank’s supporting departments and Card Payment Schemes;
- Providing strong and strategic unit leadership, which translates into a conducive work environment and employee satisfaction, staff development and performance management;
- Providing support to Card Projects in developing or enhancing new products; and
- Working in liaison with ICT to ensure system uptime to support business and channel availability.
- Masters of Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized institution.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing diploma or its equivalent; and
- Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
- At least 12 years relevant experience in handling Card function of a commercial bank at a senior managerial level,
- Demonstrated hands on experience at Senior Management level in innovation/product development
- Ability to interpret long term plans, programs and budgets developed at senior management level;
- Sound technological knowledge in related areas
- Deep market knowledge and established relations with vendors and other industry functionaries.
Personal Attributes & skills required in undertaking the role
- Should be able to identify and fill gaps in the market by developing and implementing project proposals to fill in the identified needs
- Good business knowledge and awareness as well as a business development mindset
- Should display understanding of the latest developments and emerging trends in the market place with regard to card payment solutions
- Should be results-oriented, possess the ability to work under pressure and deliver on time
Excellent marketing skills
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong leadership and people-management skills;
- Strong negotiation skills; and
- Good planning and organization skills.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here